It’s been 20 years and while some things change it seems some things stay the same.
1. On the 15th of this month it was 20 years that my father had his leg amputated due to his diabetes, Now 20 years later we are battling a sore on his other foot hopefully preventing another amputation.
2. It has been 20 years that the US went to Iraq to fight in Desert Storm. Now 20 years later we are still over there fighting. We have been through Elder George Bush who sent our first troops, to Bill Clinton who served two terms, to George Bush (the son) who serve two terms to Barrack Obama. My ex-husband was in Desert Storm and now his wife’s son is over there. I mean can’t this thing end already?
3. 20 years ago my daughter Sarah was 3 years old when her grandfather had his leg amputated. Now 20 years later Sarah’s daughter Austyn Mae is not quite 3 (she is 2-1/2) and her Yeah Yeah (great-grandfather in Chinese) is battling the sore hoping to prevent another amputation.
4. I still work in Contracting at Hill AFB. But now I am a Contract Administrator and not a clerk.
5. It’s been 20 years since Sarah got her ears pierced and I would love to have Austyn Mae’s pierced but I am not her parents.
A lot of things have happened in my life over these past 20 years but some things never change.