Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Biggest Loser - Final Week

Well today was our final weigh-in for the office biggest loser challenge.

While my team did not win - I am still a winner (and I came in third place).

When we started the challenge on the 7th of January I weighed in at 204.7 pounds. Today when I did my final weigh in I weighed 189. I have lost a total of 15.7 pounds. But I went to the doctor in December 2009 and he weighed me in at 210. So since December 2009 I have lost a total of 21 pounds. The best thing about losing 21 pounds? I sleep better, have more energy, and no more high blood pressure medication. I also have enough energy to chase little Austyn Mae around the house. I can hardly wait for the weather to get warmer so that we can go to the Commons Area in our neighborhood and play and chase there with the dog.

I am going to continue blogging about my weight loss as I am not done yet.

Many wonder what diet I am following to lose the weight I am and not feel hungry anymore. Some thought that maybe it was the HCG diet. I couldn’t do that diet. First, I do not want to give myself injections. That is why I am working so hard to lose weight – so I do not end up like my father being a diabetic and having to give myself 2 shot a day. The diet that I have been following that I have had good results with is the Flat Belly Diet put out by Prevention Magazine.

The Flat Belly Diet begins with a 4-day jump start, known as the Anti-Bloat Jumpstart. The first 4 days are the most restrictive of the diet. One of the major components of the 4-day anti-bloat jump start is drinking Sassy Water. The ingredients for sassy water are: Water (obviously), ginger, cucumbers, lemons, and spearmint leaves. These natural ingredients are supposed to aid in getting a good water intake as well as providing nutrients. After the 4-day anti-bloat part the real diet begins which stresses a MUFA at every meal. MUFAs are mono-unsaturated fats like those found in olive oil, dark chocolate, some nuts and seeds, olives and avocados (I don’t eat avocados). Other key principles of the diet include eating 4 meals a day, instead of three, with the daily calories of about 1600 spread evenly between the 4 meals, for 400-calorie meals.

So this is what I am doing. Keep following and I will be periodically posting recipes or menu ideas from the Flat Belly Diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment