Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Biggest Loser at Work

Well as I have stated before one of my goals for the new year was not to necessarily lose weight but to get healthy. Unfortunately, according to my doctor to become healthy I need to lose weight. About 60 pounds to be exact.

Well I don't have to go this alone. We have decided to do the biggest loser at work. That should help, huh? Having someone to be accountable to and to help motivate you to stay on target.

Premise of our "game" is that everyone who wants to participates puts in $5. Weigh-in's are every Tuesday at 8:00. If you gain weight it will cost you $1 per pound, if you lose or don't gain you pay nothing. At the end of 10 weeks which ever team has the highest percentage of weight lost wins the pot. Starting pot - $150.

Well, I am ashamed to publish it here but at the first initial weigh-in I weighed 204.7 pounds. Now this isn't the heaviest I have weighed. Just a month ago I was at around 210. Yup - you read it. 210 pounds. How did I drop those 6 pounds? Gave up my beloved Diet Pepsi.

I was watching an episode of Dr. Oz on one of my Friday's off and he stated that any - I repeat - any addiction can be cured in 21 days. Well, I knew I had a problem when I would take a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi to bed with me just in case I was thirsty in the middle of the night. Heck, there was one time where I drank an entire case of 24 cans of Diet Pepsi in 2 days.

Well, it was rough but I am proud to say I have not had a Diet Pepsi or Diet anything for 21 days. I drink water, tea, Crystal Light - no soda.

So watch for updating posts on my progress to get healthy. Next weigh in is Tuesday, the 19th of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment