Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Biggest Loser - Week One

Well we had our first "official" weigh-in today. Everyone did really well. Most lost between 5 and 7 pounds and one guy even lost 13 pounds (not me though and we were all jealous of him). One poor guy though gained a pound. He credited it to too much pizza over the weekend.

I was really worried about my weight because like I mentioned before Sarah took me out for a lovely afternoon and we went to lunch at Chili's. I tried to be really good and ordered something healthy but Sarah ordered Southwest Egg Rolls. We both love these. I had no idea though how much Sarah loved these until she told me that she will order the triple play and get all Southwest Egg Rolls. Then on Monday I had to go to my dad's and help him with some things before I leave on Sunday to go to Virginia and when I got done he said "let's go get lunch at Burger King." I know just how much I can eat at BK but my son (shame on him) had to order the #2 (double Whopper) and had it large sized. I couldn't help myself - I had to sneak some fries. I miss fries. I miss diet Pepsi. One thing I don't miss - the 7.2 pounds that I have lost. YIPPEE!

So I am now down to 197.5. Not to bad considering in December I was at 210. So I have a lost a total of 7.2 pounds since starting the Biggest Loser at work and 5.3 pounds from December to when we started for a total weight loss of 12.5 pounds. Not bad for a month. If I could keep this pace I should look pretty good come summer and I could go shopping for some cute summer tops.

I will miss the next weigh-in as I will be in class in Virginia but fortunately my room as a full kitchen and they have a workout room and a pool. So until next time...

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! That is awesome! And we LOVE those southwestern eggrolls too!! Zach actually found a recipe for them online and we bake them with a little butter instead of fry them and they are so tasty! We have actually started to like the homemade ones better than the chilis ones when you take the time to make them (there are about 20 ingredients!) If you want I can send you the recipe. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I will do just about anything - well maybe not anything - at this point to get healthy and that includes losing the 60 pounds that the doctor says must come off. I want to be here to see that beautiful little Austyn grow up. Yes, send the egg roll recipe. My email is cutiepie2662@msn.com

    ReplyDelete